A beautiful design with a good user experience is only the first step to creating a great website. In order for your site to be successful, it must first be found. Roughly 75% of clicks on an organic search results page go to one of the top five results; and a staggering 92% of clicks happen on the first page of results. In other words, you can’t afford not to have good rankings for your targeted search queries.
Search Engine Optimization refers to on and off-site changes made to your website and online presence that help your site rank better in the organic (non-paid) Google, Yahoo and Bing search engine results. SEO involves our team making recommendations and working directly with you and the developer to ensure that the site is accessible by the major search engines and optimized for improved keyword rankings. SEO techniques may include updates to content, code, site architecture, link structure, images, tags and more.
Optimization for search engine rankings affects each part of a web design project. From the keyword phrases used throughout each web page on your site to navigation considerations, internal linking anchor text, and more, we will ensure that current SEO tactics are used that are both search engine and user friendly. We are experts in how search engines work and we’ll make sure that your site employs industry best practices for both on and off-site SEO.
Our optimization services include:
- Initial keyword analysis and ranking report to help us determine what phrases your potential customers are searching for. We’ll also inspect your current rankings to determine where improvements can be made.
- Navigational analysis and link recommendations. Keyword data influences all phases of web development. Internal links are how search engines, and users, navigate your site and learn about your business.
- Optimized page titles and meta description tags. These are basic elements of SEO that encourage internet users to click on your listing in the search results.
- Optimized page names and URLs are built using keyword and user data.
- Website code will be written in a way to help the site be more “search engine friendly.” This helps Google and other engines crawl you pages and understand your content.
- Copy and content optimization using the results of our keyword research are key to securing favorable rankings. Each piece of content will be inspected to ensure it’s benefiting your site and your users.
- We create and optimize HTML and XML sitemaps in order to assist search engines in finding and indexing content.
- Site speed analysis and optimization. Search engines love fast sites! We will test the site during and after development to make sure load times meet or exceed industry standards.
- Link building analysis. Search engines scrutinize incoming links more than ever. We’ll perform an incoming link audit detailing how links may affect rankings and make suggestions on how to improve the site’s incoming link profile.
- Local Citation Development. Search engine algorithms rely on access to authoritative, accurate and consistent data about your organization from various sources across the Internet. We will build citations and online profiles with reputable sources and databases that can help increase your presence in search results.